[EM] Optimal Cardinal Proportional Representation

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun May 5 08:22:37 PDT 2024

As I understand it (or misunderstand it) cumulative voting  is an early
version of cardinal voting going by quantities of points or "plumping"
for a single candidate. Of course the details are different but they
share the similarity of cardinal voting obscuring an ordinal vote, a
straight-forward order of choice, in the hands of the voters, instead of
the parties. ultimately reducing to FPTP under the plumping option.

Or as HG Wells would say: enfeebling complications fruitful of corruption.