[EM] No. Condorcet and Hare do not share the same problem with computational complexity and process transparency.

Michael Garman michael.garman at rankthevote.us
Wed Mar 20 11:13:52 PDT 2024

I accessed the page on desktop instead of mobile and found the text you
quoted. That's incorrect, I agree. FairVote should change the language they
use.

However, I will tell you -- as someone who has talked to thousands of
people previously opposed to the concept of any electoral reform and
convinced them of the advantages of IRV over the current system -- that I
have never once used the misleading verbiage on the FairVote site, nor have
any of the many other IRV activists with whom I regularly interact.