[EM] Electing Cabinets/Executive Committees

Richard, the VoteFair guy electionmethods at votefair.org
Fri Mar 29 15:10:46 PDT 2024

On 3/5/2024 7:26 PM, Closed Limelike Curves wrote:
 > I assume there's methods for this, but I don't know the search terms:
 > say I want to proportionally elect an inhomogeneous committee, like a
 > Cabinet or a set of executive officers. What methods handle this?

Here's a calculation method I designed, applied to an example in which
the winners are cabinet ministers:

http://www.negotiationtool.com/cabinetministers.html

The calculation code is on GitHub, with the ReadMe being here:

https://github.com/cpsolver/VoteFair-Negotiation-Tool/blob/master/README

There's one paragraph about it on ElectoWiki here, under "VoteFair Ranking":

https://electowiki.org/wiki/VoteFair_Ranking

I just found your question in a junk/spam folder, hence the delay in
replying.

Richard Fobes
The VoteFair guy