[EM] Finding Condorcet

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:03:02 PDT 2024

It's definitely nice to see more confirmation that Condorcet cycles are
rare. OTOH, I think the claim about IRV rarely failing to elect Condorcet
winners is incorrect. If he's looking at Australia and Scotland, those have
a 2-party and 1-party dominant system, respectively. No wonder IRV doesn't
have Condorcet failures, then, it's playing on easy mode!

Ironically, I'd expect to see more Condorcet failures (assuming cycles
count as failures) under an actual Condorcet system, because you'd have far
more competing parties.