[EM] No. Condorcet and Hare do not share the same problem with computational complexity and process transparency.

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 16:42:57 PDT 2024

> As for the profered non-monotonicity reason for abolishing STV, this is
> solely in the Arrow-theorem-doctrinaire critics imagination, bearing no
> connection to reality.

No idea what this refers to, given STV isn't related to Arrow's theorem.

The non-monotonicity of STV just owes to it trailing a remnant of plurality
> voting, in its "last past the post" exclusion count.

No, the issue is the multi-stage method—the more elimination rounds you
have, the more likely you are to have a negative voting weight event.
Pretty much every sequential-loser method has the same problem.

 The Surplus transfer election count, especially Meek method, is monotonic.

That's also not correct; see Pukelsheim's book on apportionment for why
every quota rule method is nonmonotonic. I do think *most* of STV's
nonmonotonicity comes down to the IRV elimination, though.