[EM] Part 3 of Approval vs Condorcet

Michael Garman michael.garman at rankthevote.us
Fri Mar 22 00:11:58 PDT 2024

>> If Approval had been the proposal over that period, it would be in use
in all 50 states by now.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that there wouldn’t be a partisan
backlash the first time approval cost one or the other — or both — the
election. The major parties famously love giving third parties a fair shot.
Not denying that it’s a fine system that ought to be used in more places
than it currently is, but this claim is absurd.