[EM] No. Condorcet and Hare do not share the same problem with computational complexity and process transparency.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:32:38 PDT 2024

That’s true: The major computational demand, the exhaustive pairwise-count,
is a local precincts-job, & the pairwise totals can be incremented as the
ballots are read.

But there are just a lot more totals, & so there’s undeniably more to the
local counts than with Approval. A lot more totals to audit. With 20
candidates, 380 instead of 20.

…& it requires finding & comparing each pair of candidates’ rank-positions
on each ballot, instead of just a simple plain count like Approval.

So, in more than one way, it’s a much bigger & more complicated count than
Approval.