[EM] Easy River definition (also my site is back up)

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 14:46:04 PST 2024

Wow. River doesn’t need the exhaustive pairwise-count? How does its
count-time compare to that of RP?

I didn’t know that about River. I believed that only Sequential-Pairwise
was the only exception to the need for the exhaustive pairwise-count.

The exhaustive count requires, per voter, counting one pairwise-vote for
each possible pair of candidates.

How many votes need to be counted per voter in River?

If one only cares about finding the winner, rather than an output-ranking,
could the count-instruction be written more briefly?

As written, it’s much too complicated for a public-proposal.

Someone said that River is better at deterring burial. I disagree. It seems
to me that skipping a defeat if its defeated is defeated in an already-kept
defeat undermines autodeterence.

Only one of the CW’s defeats is kept. That means that every Bus but one
can’t have its defeat dropped, so only one Bus survives.

I like it if the exhaustive pairwise-count isn’t needed, but can the
count-instructions be written more briefly, if only the winner is needed?