[EM] Double Defeat Hare

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 23 20:34:31 PDT 2024

Double Defeat,Hare means you form a candidate ranking using the IRV elimination order and then you elect the first (i.e. best, last-eliminated) candidate in the ranking who is permissible under Chris Benham's Double Defeat criterion. The criterion says you can't be elected if you have less approval than a candidate who pairwise defeats you.

The comma is key to deciphering the name.

Kevin
votingmethods.net

 Le dimanche 23 juin 2024 à 22:03:06 UTC−5, Ted Stern <dodecatheon at gmail.com> a écrit :

Richard, I believe Double defeat Hare is also known as RCIPE.

https://electowiki.org/wiki/Ranked_Choice_Including_Pairwise_Elimination