[EM] Strategy-free criterion

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 16:01:12 PDT 2024

> I assumed you were talking about median rating or something like that.

Yeah, that would be one possible guess. (Linear medians also might work).

The outcomes of our election methods can (almost as a rule) be dictated by a
> coordinated majority (or a group of more numerous voters) so I expect a
> "zero-info
> honesty" method to have some kind of inherent tether to this reality, as
> though the
> coordination is done for the voters already, behind the scenes.

Well, the two examples of proven zero-information honesty I know about are
quadratic voting and Borda count. I'm not actually aware of any proofs for
the Condorcet cases, but I suspect  most Condorcet methods work here.

Later-no-help is incompatible with Condorcet, so I'm not sure if those
methods can stand up to fully-informed voting.