[EM] inaccurate Fargo approval voting results

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 10:44:28 PDT 2024

 Yes, but what I mean is that if a load of new candidates stand, most of them would have no chance of winning regardless of the voting system.
    On Monday 17 June 2024 at 17:02:55 BST, Closed Limelike Curves <closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com> wrote:

The decrease after the first election could just be because the new candidates naively think that they will suddenly have a shot at winning or getting close, and then finding out that it's not as simple as that, so they don't stand in subsequent elections.
Right, I think that's what's happening: candidates who didn't have a shot under FPP are learning they still have no shot under IRV.