[EM] Should we allow "voting off" this mailing list?

Rob Lanphier roblan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:25:23 PDT 2024

Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote: "It's ultimately his list :-)"

Yes, yes it is.  God help me.  ;-)  Yeah, I'll admit that even though I'm
paying for the domain and hosting fees and so on (and investigating
alternatives to my current host), I haven't read very much of the traffic
lately.  That's a bit why I may seem out of the loop at times, and why I
let not-so-great behavior persist.  Y'all talk over my head a lot when
you're talking substance (which is fine), but I find I just don't have the
emotional endurance to deal with dramatic personal disputes.  My hunch is
that other readers of this mailing list also don't have the time/interest
to read bickering between two members of this mailing list, any more than
most folks on this mailing list probably wouldn't enjoy going to a
restaurant where an angry couple is loudly bickering and namecalling within
easy earshot of all of the other tables.  It doesn't matter which member of
the couple is correct; they're both annoying, and almost everyone would
hope that restaurant management does SOMETHING about the angry couple.  I
don't really want to get into the restaurant business.  ;-)

Anyway, I'm hoping the tenor of the mailing list improves over the next few
days.  It seems plausible (now) that it will, though there's at least one
member who is on a very, very short leash for mischaracterizing a private
email that I sent to them.

Rob