[EM] Poll Ballot, from Richard

Richard, the VoteFair guy electionmethods at votefair.org
Fri Jul 19 11:09:47 PDT 2024

On 7/18/2024 5:05 PM, Michael Ossipoff wrote:
 > Best would be to ask Richard whether he prefers alphabetical,
 > random, or dividing the one vote equally among them.
 >
 > Richard: What do you prefer?

I prefer "dividing the one vote equally among them."

Decimal, rather than fractional, calculations are sufficiently accurate.

Of course round down, not up, for those calculations, and for reporting
the final results.

IMO, in voting situations, alphabetical order should never be used.
(Even outside of voting situations, I strongly dislike alphabetical order.)

Richard