[EM] Portland specifics, and ovals for approval cutoff

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:47:34 PDT 2024

I'm going to go ahead and say I'm skeptical either of these results will
replicate, given there's no theoretical basis to think IRV would affect
city council and mayoral seats differently. My guess is both results would
disappear if you used a hierarchical/partial pooling model to reduce the
noise in the estimates.