[EM] Equilibrium analyses

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 12:47:55 PST 2024

Myerson’s & Weber’s own original paper that introduced it.

They showed that Approval’s MW equilibrium is at the voter-median (…where
the CW is).

They showed that Plurality (Vote-For-1) can have a MW equilibrium that
keeps on electing any pair of parties, however unliked, forever.

That sounds close to home.  …though our MW equilibrium is getting a lot of
help from the mass-media.

It was published in an economics journal, a major one. Econometrica?

Google Myerson & Weber, Voting Equilibrium.