[EM] The critical importance of Precinct Summability.

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:59:23 PDT 2024

Chris: I agree with you that the importance of precinct summability is
often exaggerated. If you tallied all results on election night, using
two-way communication, this would fix the problem if you've received all
ballots by election night (since you can post round-by-round results). That
said, it's not useless, because lots of US states *don't* do that. The main
issue is whether states will in practice actually adopt practices required
for safe IRV elections. So far, they haven't.