[EM] Ranked Negative Choice Voting

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue Apr 30 02:50:06 PDT 2024

On 2024-04-30 09:13, Richard Lung wrote:
> (As someone said, tho, the Burlington example is an "outlier"; an
> academic pedantry. It is essentially, a candidates gripe, not a voters
> lack of representation. Condorcet pairing strikes me as of a piece with
> Anglo-American single-member monomania.)

Condorcet criteria can be, and have been, generalized to multiwinner.
Markus Schulze gives one possible generalization in his Schulze STV paper.

For that matter, CPO-STV shows that regular old Condorcet can be used in
multiwinner methods, with the "candidates" being compared being the
different ways to populate the assembly.

-km