[EM] Manipulability stats for (some) poll methods

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 12:37:56 PDT 2024

On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 12:18 Michael Garman <michael.garman at rankthevote.us>
wrote:

> The Big Lie is used to refer to the justification for the Holocaust.

Incorrect. No one has a monopoly on big lies.

“Rob Richie was mean to me at a conference in 2019.”

I’ve never been to a conference with Rob Richie. :-)

> You lie about candidates’ favorability.

I reported the results of a currently ongoing poll at CIVS (google:
Condorcet Internet Voting Service) poll titled “2024 presidential election.”

…& no, I didn’t lie about the results.

Michael G. says he has polls showing Trump with 45% approval. 1/3 is the
estimate that I’ve often heard. Without wading into a thorough search, I’ll
just say that maybe Michael G’s poll is more accurate than the estimates
that I’ve heard.

Michael G. says that his polls ask people to compare Trump & Biden to the
“3rd-party” candidates. Fine. I’ve just never been asked such a
poll-question, or encountered one in the mass media, or distributed by
email, or asked on the web, to people who haven’t intentionally visited a
polling website. Nor have I ever encountered a poll anywhere in which that
question was asked without the Republican finishing last…losing to everyone
else.

But, hey, maybe Michael G. has discovered a better & more accurate poll
that is widely publicly distributed & asked, but I’ve just never
encountered it.

Anything’s possible, right?

to make your points about approval. You’re a liar. You’re no better than