[EM] Relative vs. Majority Condorcet

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 26 22:24:44 PDT 2024

Hi Kristofer,

Kristofer Munsterhjelm <km_elmet at t-online.de> a écrit :
> That was phrased a bit oddly in the context of the rest of your post,
> but I understand you to be saying "the worst method that passes Smith
> may still be pretty bad", not necessarily that proposed methods passing
> Smith are actually bad. Is that right?

Yes, what happened there is I wanted to talk about what exactly is assured by the
second option. But if it only offers Condorcet, it's clear that its worst would be
pretty bad, with no need to say it. So I tried to hypothetically improve that
offering to argue that it is still dubious.

Kevin
votingmethods.net