[EM] Poll, preliminary ballots

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 18:08:59 PDT 2024

I suspect that FairVote has so deeply poisoned the voting reform well that,
soon enough, IRV systems will be seen as politically toxic. (Just a matter
of time until a Democrat is the Condorcet winner but still gets eliminated.)

Related to that, any system working off of ranked ballots has a good chance
of being discredited soon enough, as being a kind of "RCV". Luckily, that
still leaves some top-shelf methods like Score, Smith//Score, ICA, or
cardinal-pairwise; or even just running an ordinal system off cardinal
ballots. Anything involving runoffs will probably be seen with mistrust,
though.