[EM] Poll question and voting period

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 22:58:03 PDT 2024

On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 22:35 Chris Benham <cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> How are we supposed to know what is "proposable" and what isn't?

If you’ve talked to a few people, you’ll Jayant idea how much
complicatedness is considered acceptable to people.

You can tell if a method is complicated. Approval isn’t complicated.
Margins-Sorted Approval & other double-sort methods are more complicated
than people want to hear about. It’s important to talk to people. You’ll
see what I mean.

You don’t need a distinction-line for unproposability. …& no one’s
evaluating the qualification of each of us to judge any aspect of merit,
including proposability.

This isn’t complicated or PhD-requiring: Just rank according to your
perception, your feeling, about how suitable for a public-proposal a method
is. That can be based on merit-in-use, or proposability, or any combination
of those. …& if you don’t think proposability matters, then that, too, is
your call when you rank for suitability for proposal

My point is, no one’ expecting anyone to be an infallible expert with the
right judgment.

So don’t worry about it.

If you personally feel that proposability doesn’t matter, or that you can’t
judge it, then that, too, is your call.

…but you really can’t make that judgment for the rest of us.

No one will question your judgment.

(well, I might argue with you during the electioneering & voting period, to
influence other voters, but no one questions your judgment & qualification
to rank as you perceive.)