[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Sat Apr 13 02:07:56 PDT 2024

On 2024-04-13 07:54, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 16:05 Kristofer Munsterhjelm :
>

>>     I would prefer that the merit question for the poll stays the same:
>>     "which voting methods do you prefer to which others?", i.e. ranking
>>     them
>>     in preference.
>
>>     Then it would be up to the individual voter to consider what aspects of
>>     the method are most important
>

> :-D. “…stays the same”?  You’re trying to completely reverse the
> express-purpose & entire fundamental nature of the poll that I proposed.
> It was for informing voters about the EM membership’s social-ranking of
> *proposals for public political elections*.

(Ignore my last message; my computer had a hiccup.)

What this shows is that the purpose of the poll wasn't made clear
enough. See also Joseph Malkevitch' post, "Purpose of Poll 2".

Could you give a link to the post where you first proposed the subject
of the poll, before the voting itself started? I'd be happy to just
continue with that subject, as long as we stick with it instead of
changing it after the voting period has started.

In other words, I'm not trying to sneakily change anything, but I would
prefer it to stay consistent with what was first proposed.

-km