[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 12 21:20:10 PDT 2024

It can be difficult to be sure what is "propose-able" in the US and what
isn't (especially from outside
of it.)   Sometimes relatively complicated things seem to catch on while
no-one seems to be excited
about Approval.

I am not sure if  Margins Sorted Approval (specified) is "unproposably
complex" or not.

I suspect Smith//DAC might be, but I don't know.

My three favourites with a big emphasis on simplicity and general
"bang-for-buck" are:

Smith//Approval (Ranking)

Hare  (unrestricted and uncompelled strict ranking)

Approval

And my least preferred by those criteria include:

STAR

Approval with top-two manual Runoff

Majority Judgement (and other Median Ratings methods)

Chris