[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Fri Apr 12 10:42:57 PDT 2024

 From the K.M. quote, I gather that the answer was "yes," single member
systems. Perhaps Schulze STV was on the list. From Wikipedia it is said
to be similar to CPO-STV which uses Condorcet pairing. This however does
seem to be an elimination procedure of sorts.

  At any rate conventional STV, whether or not including Schulze, do not
appear to be in the poll, which hardly suggests a unitary approach to
election method. Besides still not affording a general election method.

Cardinal voting methods (the cumulative voting family) confound the vote
(of individual choice) with the count (of community choice.

Regards,

Richard Lung.