[EM] STAR is winning CIVS poll

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 23:26:18 PDT 2024

I checked the poll, & Split-Cycle was written-in very recently, after my
most recent check, just a few days ago.

RP(wv) was one of my own alternatives, along with Approval & MinMax(wv). I
wanted to poll about those 3, because they’re the ones that I’d offer.
Approval 1st, & the other two if they insist on rankings.

Now, I’d add Smith//Approval(ranked = approved), because it has the
properties I want, & is especially natural & intuitive. So is RP, but
Smith//Approval(r) follows directly from Approval, &, is a bit more
briefly-defined.

So: Approval, RP(wv), Smith//Approval(r), & MinMax(wv).

Also I’m going to replace Schulze with Smith//Approval(r).

Schulze is much too complicated for a public proposal.

I should have a defined this poll about g
overall suitability for a public proposal, instead of just merit in use.
Can I change that.

Anyway, complexity spoils merit in use too, when the resulting
checking-difficulty & lack of transparency spoil count-security.

The article or paper defined Split-Cycle like this:

Drop the weakest defeat in each cycle. Kevin pointed out a problem with
that.

You can probably find the article by googling “Split-Cycle”.

But don’t bother. Based on what Kevin showed, that method doesn’t sound
good.