[EM] Hare (aka IRV) versus STAR

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 02:44:41 PDT 2024

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 01:43 Michael Garman <michael.garman at rankthevote.us>
wrote:

> >> Consistently, in every Condorcet or STAR Internet poll, the Republican
> finishes LAST. Every time.  The Green or Bernie is usually the CW, at the
> top of the finishing order.
>
> Because the population taking a STAR or Condorcet internet poll is in no
> way representative of the overall electorate, much as I’d like for those
> findings to be true.

Ah yes, it’s always those other people :-)

Greens & Bernie nearly always CW.  Republicans consistently, always,
finishing at the  very bottom. That would take a lot of sampling bias.

> >> You must be looking at different polls from the ones Noam Chomsky &
> many other expert commentators looked at.
>
> I must be! In every poll I’ve seen for this cycle, third party candidates
> (other than the lunatic Kennedy Jr) don’t even crack double digits! Care to
> provide the polls you’re talking about?

I’ve never, ever, been asked or invited to vote in a mass-media poll that
allowed a Green as a choice. …& nearly all mass media polls ask whom you’d
vote for it were today.

The only polls that ask me whom I like more are when the Democrats ask
which of   Biden or Trump I prefer.

I’ve never received any that mention Jill.

You’re probably referring to vote %. Right, because you’re going to vote
for Joe. ..& then say it means something when Greens get few votes.  :-)

> >> Polls always indicate that people want better than what the
> Republocrats allow. …& more & different parties.
>
> Agreed! Like you, I want a leftist party. That doesn’t mean one has any
> chance of winning the 2024 election.

…  because you’re voting for Biden.

> >> Check the Harpers issue after each Dubya victory, to find out about
> count-fraud.
>
> The alleged fraud would have tipped the election from R to D

How very odd, then, that it was reported as doing the opposite :-) Harpers
reported mountains of evidence of large-scale count-fraud in Bush’s favor.

You mention Nader. He pointed that  the  vote isn’t split by the honest
voters. It’s split by the dishonest voters who hold their noses & vote for
someone they don’t like or want.

which I suspect you’d argue wouldn’t make any difference if you subscribe