[EM] Fwd: Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 22:38:15 PDT 2024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 22:37
Subject: Re: [EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming
enactment-elections
To: Closed Limelike Curves <closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com>

So far no one but me has expressed a ranking for the choice of a
Condorcet-complying method for the poll’s choice.

It probably won’t matter, because there will probably be a CW. But as I
mentioned in a reply, an output-ranking requiremes about as many exhaustive
pairwise counts as there are candidates…& there are 24 candidates so far.

…greatly increasing the likelihood of a circular tie.  …we don’t have
agreement on a completion rule.

So let’s vote on that. Let’s rank *a few of* our favorite Condorcet
complying methods.

…& because the desire for an output-ranking greatly increases the
likelihood of a circular tie, & we don’t have an agreed/upon completion
rule, then designate a method for Voter’s Choice:

You automatically approve the candidate that your designated method
chooses, & everything you like more.

… &, if we can’t get any rankings, can we at least get a few likes?:

So far, I find that, for the poll’s choice-method,
MinMax(wv), Schulze, & Condorcet-IRV each have 2 likes: A 3-way tie.

So, does anyone like one those more than the others??

If so, express that, & there will be a most-liked Condorcet method for
counting the poll.