[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon Apr 8 12:47:28 PDT 2024

On 2024-04-08 08:57, Forest Simmons wrote:
> Has anybody submitted Benham's GLE (Gross Loser Elimination)? Another
> name could be Min Fuss Elimination:
> Until some candidate is undefeated among those still in play ...
> eliminate the one showing the fewest losing votes in its worst remaining
> pairwise contest.

Nope, so I'm guessing that you're nominating it :-) The new list is:

Approval
RP(wv)
Schulze
IRV
Plurality
Majority Judgement (as a category; includes usual judgement etc.)
Approval with manual runoff
Copeland//Borda (also called Ranked Robin)
MinMax(wv)
Black
STAR
Smith//Score
Baldwin
Benham
Woodall
Schwartz-Woodall
Smith//Approval (implicit - of all ranked)
Smith//Approval (explicit - specified approval cutoff)
Margins-Sorted Approval
Smith//DAC
Margins-Sorted Minimum Losing Votes (equal-rated whole)
RCIPE
Gross Loser Elimination.

If anyone would like to provide short descriptions of one or more of the
methods, that would be much appreciated. I'll see if I can come up with
some later, myself.

-km