[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun Apr 7 14:53:16 PDT 2024

Krisofer, thank you for reply, the reference is to HG Wells, who, used
the term "demonstration" in The Elements of Reconstruction, 1916, with
accompanying elucidation. This can be downloaded from the collection of
his books at Project Gutenberg or from my edition of collected writings
by Wells: The Angels Weep. HG Wells on Electoral Reform:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/804800

  There does not have to be different methods for single member and
multi-member election systems.. In fact, consistency demands that they
use the same method. A general voting method can be done.

And majority counts were dismissed by John Stuart Mill as maiorocracy,
the tyranny of the majority - taken-up by Lani Guinier. (Successful
Tammany Hall-type Machine assaults on PR did not always achieve even
majorities.) The majoritarian approach dismissed itself, with the
limitation to its idea of democracy.

In my experience, voting does not always have to be "strategic" or
deceitful. That is a sort of belief in an electoral Realpolitik, as the
inevitability of systemic electoral fraud. Rather (as rationally
invented) I have found that the consistent use of keep values always
responds rationally, in a re-count of shuffled votes.

Regards,

Richard Lung.