[EM] Trying to understand BSTV

Filip Ejlak tersander at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 08:26:17 PDT 2024

This is a question primarily to Richard Lung, as I am trying to understand
Binomial STV (and perhaps simulate it). If we want to do Binomial STV with
10 candidates and 4 seats, do we just do an STV contest for 4 winners with
a simultaneous "inversed" STV contest for 6 losers, with a candidate being
excluded in one sub-election iff they have won a seat in the other
sub-election? If that's right, isn't it unfortunately a very
clone-dependent solution? If that's not right, what's the actual algorithm?