[EM] Countering FairVote propaganda on Wikipedia

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 09:16:05 PDT 2024

> So perhaps that should be replaced with a category listing, although it
> would be interesting to see the actual IIA failure rate for Range with
> automatic normalization (or above-mean approval strategy). Then again,
> filling in numbers based on simulations from EM might be considered OR;
> I don't know what the burden of proof/reliability rules of Wikipedia
> would say.

It's not OR if you put it on Arxiv first. ;)

IIA compliance might be less informative than you'd think, because every
> Condorcet method has the same frequency of IIA failures: you can remove
> a subset of non-winners to change the winner iff there is no Condorcet
> winner. Non-Condorcet ranked methods are worse: they fail when there's a
> cycle, and also whenever they fail to elect the CW.

Ooh, that's true. How about a spoiler index instead, then, going by the
winner's change in position? So, for example, if the runner-up is elected
after adding/removing a spoiler, that contributes 1 point; 2 points if it's
the third-place finisher, etc.