[EM] Reply to Rob regarding RCV

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 14:55:54 PDT 2023

Sure, I said that I prefer the Pairwise-Count Condorcet-Criterion methods,
because they’re the ones that get rid of the Lesser-of-Two-Evils problem
(LO2E).

As I said, RCV’s disadvantage is that its merit & workability depend
strongly on the character of the electorate, & on the candidate-lineup.

…& yes, I’m talking about voters who won’t make the big giveaway compromise.

It’s a philosophical question: Is giveaway incentive a problem when the
electorate aren’t interested in giving it away?

It isn’t a problem to them, nor, in that case, to me.

As I said, an electorate who have just enacted RCV by referendum didn’t do
so because they want to vote some one whom they don’t like over their
favorite. They want rankings because they want to rank sincerely. They will.

No problem.