[EM] Sequential-Pairwise offensive & defensive strategy?

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 18:24:04 PDT 2023

So called BTR-IRV, "Bottom Two Runoff IRV" goes along those lines.

You probably remember "Benham" that runs IRV elimination until there
remains a candidate undefeated by any of the other remaining candidates.

This reminds me of basing the Sequential Pairwise Elimination agenda order
on Top preferences ... by using those preferences to "de-clone" the Borda
agenda order:

The agenda order is given by SB(X), the Sum over all ballots B of the first
place votes of the candidates ranked above X on B.

The larger SB(X), the later X is (on average) in the rankings, and the
rearlier X is in the elimination agenda.