[EM] Fwd: Ranked Pairs

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Wed Sep 20 07:30:28 PDT 2023

Well, I coded up Minimax(WV) for my own evaluation. Rather to my disgust
(and contrary to Darlington) I find that it does indeed outperform
Margins for truncated sincere ballots. I ran a large number of trials
with 10001 voters under a spatial model, 8 candidates being truncated to
4. Minimax (margins)=83.35% correct, minimax(wv)=84.09%. Other methods
which outperformed standard minimax in the simulation include Approval
Sorted Margins (in an ordinal version suggested by Ted Stern): 84.14%;
Black: 84.22%; Smith,Borda: 84.22%.
    Hastily written and unreliable code, not to be trusted.
       CJC