[EM] Finally - the best Ranked Pairs/fpA-fpC hybrid I've found

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Wed Oct 4 15:30:43 PDT 2023

On 10/4/23 13:53, Filip Ejlak wrote:
> I've been looking for an RP/fpA-fpC hybrid that would behave properly in
> all circumstances (Selective RP had some bad edge cases) and I believe
> I've finally found it.
>
> Here's the shortest definition:
>
> */Iteratively restrict the set of candidates to all candidates X such
> that for some XYZ contest:/*
> */- the Ranked Pairs winner is the same as for all current candidates/*
> */- the fpA-fpC winner is X/*
> */until there's only 1 candidate left./*
>
> That's it. The logic behind it is quite simple - either we find buried
> DMT candidates (and we choose among them) or we choose the current RP
> winner.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by iteratively restricting the set.
Could you give me an example of how the method works? Say, Schulze's
five candidate example:

5: A>C>B>E>D
5: A>D>E>C>B
8: B>E>D>A>C
3: C>A>B>E>D
7: C>A>E>B>D
2: C>B>A>D>E
7: D>C>E>B>A
8: E>B>A>D>C

if it wouldn't be too tedious? It's got a large Smith set.

-km