[EM] Hey guys, look at this...

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Sun Feb 19 02:26:49 PST 2023

Another correction I'm afraid...

I mentioned evaluation results for Condorcet+random (which are quite
good). They can't possibly be right. Anyone who attempts tactical voting
needs to make decisions from imperfect knowledge, since he can't know
for sure how people will vote. Studies of tactical voting tend to factor
this difficulty out, assuming onmiscience on the part of the manipulator
and therefore making tactical voting seem more effective than it really
is. My evaluation does this... but the omniscience must stretch to
knowing in advance the result of the random coin toss.

The conclusion would seem to be that tactical voting is harder than I
allow for in randomised voting methods, and randomisation better, not
worse, than my figures suggest. I think I need a sad face emoji here.

CJC