[EM] STAR

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 05:50:50 PDT 2023

 Chris
I thought one of your big problems with STAR was the cloning thing. So the fact that score ballots might jeopardise the clone run-off would be a good thing wouldn't it?
Your approval opposition run-off is perhaps similar in outlook to what I suggested previously about using a sequential proportional method to elect two candidates to the run-off. Except that I would deal with clones by allowing a single candidate (or their exact clone depending on how you want to define it) to win both seats in the run-off. In the case where single candidate has so much support that they could win the first two seats in a proportional election, it would be deemed that no run-off is needed.
Toby