[EM] STAR

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 19 13:37:23 PDT 2023

 Forest
I'm not sure it would be undiplomatic to start with the score winner. The top two run-off in STAR is the second stage to complete the method after doing score voting. By saying that it needs further completion is doing away with STAR's completion anyway, and to have three stages seems unnecessarily unwieldy and more likely to throw out strange results. STAR is also not clone independent, so this goes against your stated preference. This is just another way to complete the method instead of STAR, so I think it makes sense to start with the score winner, rather than the STAR winner.
Toby