[EM] The resistant set

Filip Ejlak tersander at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:18:10 PDT 2023

If we have a cycle scenario

7: A>B>C
7: B>C>A
6: C>A>B

then the resistant set is {A}, so A is the winner. But if we change one BCA
voter to an ABC voter (mono-raising A), then the resistant set is {A, C} -
and now every majoritarian method will choose C. So Resistant//? or
Smith//Resistant//? will be non-monotonic, no matter what the "?" method
is, right?