[EM] Method X, bummer

Filip Ejlak tersander at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 03:13:57 PDT 2023

A note concerning monotonicity testing - even when there is no possible
pushover strategy for a voter/group of voters, it doesn't necessarily mean
that a given method is monotone.
In these examples, changing ABC to BAC makes C the winner, so the change
doesn't make sense from the voter's point of view and will go under the
radar of any strategy detector, I guess.

Another thing is that there are some election scenarios which an
impartial/spatial simulator might never notice. For the purposes of
strategy/critetia testing it might be good to include, for example, a
ballot generator that will produce random-size groups of voters, rather
that drawing voters one-by-one like a standard impartial generator does.

sob., 5 sie 2023, 13:52 użytkownik Kristofer Munsterhjelm <