[EM] Sequential elimination method that turns out to be a generalization of fpA-fpC

Filip Ejlak tersander at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 12:45:23 PDT 2023

I take that back -  even if it always chooses an uncovered candidate, the
method is not totally independent of covered alternatives.
In this 4-candidate cycle example:

8: A>B>C>D
9: B>D>A>C
12: C>D>A>B

Landau set is {A,B,D} as B covers C (and gets their 1st preferences added
to the score), but C owns all their 1st preferences at the expense of D.
Eliminating C in the first round doesn't happen because D would gain too
much at the expense of B. A gets eliminated instead, and eventually B wins.

If Landau//[This Method] was used instead, D would be the winner.