[EM] Defeat Strength

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Fri Sep 9 09:16:20 PDT 2022

I think I agree with Forest. It may be pragmatically wise to treat
unranked candidates as if they were equal last, but you can't force
voters to provide a meaningful ranking for candidates they don't know
much about, and might actually like if they knew more. Hence if
truncation is common, ranked voting methods won't perform as well as
you'd expect from theory.
    CJC