[EM] Defeat Strength

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Sat Sep 3 17:32:58 PDT 2022

I never really groked why WV (or LV) would represent defeat strength better than margins.I just don't get it.  WV, that is.- robertPowered by Cricket Wireless------ Original message------From: Forest SimmonsDate: Sat, Sep 3, 2022 8:19 PMTo: EM;Richard Lung;robert bristow-johnson;Cc: Subject:Defeat StrengthSuppose there are ten thousand voters, and ...A defeats B, 100 to 0, (9900 abstentions)C defeats E, 5001 to 4999, andF defeats G, 1000 to 500 (8500 abstentions)Which pair should have defeat strength priority?Under wv, the (C, E) pair has priority.Under margins (F, G) has priority, andunder losing votes (A, B) has priority.But which defeat should be considered most secure statistically? -Forest