[EM] Random Ballot Favorite Chain Climbing/Building

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 23:52:09 PDT 2022

Good news ... the monotone decreasing property of (1/r)-r does indeed show
that in our prototypical three candidate cycle that the winner is A, B, or
C, depending on which of r, p, or q is smaller. In other words, depending
on which of fpC, fpA, or fpB is smaller.

In other words, un the three candidate Smith case the RBFCB method (the
deterministic version) is equivalent to Ranked Pairs or Beatpath CSSD, or
River with defeat strength gauged by bow few (not how many!) first place
votes the losing candidate has in opposition to the winner.

For all practical purposes RP(lack of losing first place opposition) is
equivalent to RBFPCB. The public proposal could describe it either way ...
you could just call it "lack of first place votes" or LFPV Condorcet.

For clarity, in the ABCA cycle if C has fewer first place votes against A,
than A has against B, or B against C, then the cycle is broken at the
weakest link ... the CA link, so the ABCA cycle is replaced with the
(strongest) beatpath ABC, making A the winner.

Thanks for your patience!