[EM] What is the name of this simplest STV multi-winner method?

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Fri Nov 25 17:13:29 PST 2022

I forgot to mention that there is some discussion about using RCV to elect 2 or 3 in Burlington and in Vermont.  Most people's eyes glaze when I mention something like Hare-Clark or Gregory.  These persons (some are policy makers that are promoting RCV) are saying it's just like IRV but we stop at 2 (or 3) remaining candidates.  Nothing about surplus votes and nothing about fractional votes.  And I realize that not all PR methods use fractional votes, but I think there is no good reason not to.  It's just that only surplus votes might become fractional, not from being transferred from eliminated candidates.

r b-j . _ . _ . _ . _ rbj at audioimagination.com

.
.
.