[EM] Easy fix to Alaska's ranked-choice voting

Andy Dienes andydienes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:26:53 PST 2022

@ Forest but also anyone who has answer:

If we have some prior ordering over candidates, what is the best way to
deliver a winner given pairwise prefs? I have seen a few options like Chain
Climbing, a single Bubble Sort pass, Friendly Cover, etc.
Let's say the way to generate this prior ordering is fixed and exogenous to
the method; it might be something like sorted by approvals collected
separately. What is current consensus on state-of-the-art?