[EM] What is canonical Bucklin voting?

Hahn, Paul manynote at wustl.edu
Sat Jan 29 02:22:16 PST 2022

FWIW what I think of as traditional Bucklin was using a three-rank ballot, with equal ranking allowed only at the third level.  IIRC that’s how the wiki entry described it at one point, but clearly it doesn’t any more, and I’m not well versed enough in the history to know if that’s the actual original method (meaning, used in Grand Junction).

—pH