[EM] What is canonical Bucklin voting?

culitif at tuta.io culitif at tuta.io
Fri Jan 28 19:06:57 PST 2022

Hi, I know what's labelled as "Bucklin" is messy and it's more a category of methods, but I thought I figured what would make sense as the most conventional choice of what a Bucklin system would refer to.

But then I read about Fallback Voting and realized I just coded that. There's also another system I've seen referenced that uses a top-two system. I named this "historical Bucklin", but now I'm wondering if that is the most canonical Bucklin system. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Culi.