[EM] Exact spatial model probabilities?

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:22:36 PST 2022

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 12:37 PM Rob Lanphier <roblan at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you aren't familiar with Wirth's law, you probably should be:
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirth%27s_law>
> In short: "software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware is
> becoming faster"

There was a time when computer science was the domain of mathematics
departments. Today, computer science is the mass market STEM degree. I
attended a friend's graduation a long time ago, and I remember being struck
by the fact that there were as many computer science graduates as all other
science degrees put together. At the end of the day, there is a large
market for mediocre programmers who never need to do anything more complex
than write a glorified database front-end.

Ever since I seen video codecs implemented in Javascript,

*weep*

--
Dr. Daniel Carrera
Postdoctoral Research Associate