[EM] Coombs method and typical RCV hybrid, River

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:28:36 PST 2022

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 5:13 PM Kevin Venzke <stepjak at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> To me at least the principle of Schulze is intuitive. It's sort of a
> de-cloning
> of MinMax.

The term "de-cloning of MinMax" doesn't clarify it for me; I honestly don't
understand what that would look like. Schulze might be intuitive if you are
a computer scientist; I know that its algorithm is something similar to
something that computer scientists learn. I am not a computer scientist;
I'm a physicist. I find Schulze simply bewildering. I couldn't tell you
right now how it works without thinking really hard about it, and I'm not
confident I would get it right. I tried to explain it once to my wife (who
is a microsystems engineer) and she looked like a deer on headlights. And
that's someone who is used to me explaining voting methods.

> One property unique to Schulze(WV), which perhaps I alone find
> interesting, is
> that it always elects from the CDTT, which is the Schwartz set defined
> using
> only the full majorities.

What is the CDTT?

Cheers,